Sunday 4 March 2018

Mom, It's So Itchy!

Hi! Today's blog post is going to be about my competitive dance dress rehearsal. 🎵 A dress rehearsal is basically a run through of the whole dance, with costume and make up. This was my dance order schedule for rehearsal:

DANCE ORDER FOR REHEARSAL
1. Happy Feet
2. Who Let The Frogs Out
3. Chase Is On The Case
4. Pool Patterns 
5. Finding My Chi 
next day
1. Think
You can probably tell that I was really tired after all that dancing! 💃=😑 (I made a emoji story!) Anyway back to the blog... Think is the tap solo that I talked about in my post titled Freedom(x3). 

I'm going to guess that you are thinking this: What type of dance goes with which title? 
Did I just read your mind?  Whether you thought that or not, I am going to tell you, anyway!

1. Happy Feet --- Tap
2. Who Let The Frogs Out --- Jazz
3. Chase Is On The Case --- Hip Hop
4. Pool Patterns --- Ballet
5. Finding My Chi --- Musical Theatre
6. Think --- Tap Solo

So now that you have your answer, it's time to tell you about the thing that is so itchy... The Costumes!

For Tap, we have a black and white penguin bodysuit with a bow tie, and black tights.
For Jazz, we have a green sparkly dress that has a necklace sewn onto it, and we also have beige tights.
For Hip Hop, we have brown baggy pants, a golden and white crop top, a blue sequined bomber jacket, a hat, and a collar.
For Ballet, we have an old-fashioned swimsuit and a swimming cap! It is so cute.
For Musical Theatre, we have a long white tank-top and a baggy black pair of overalls.
Finally, my favourite costume! For my solo, I have a sparkly top with black pants, fingerless gloves and a blue vest!  It also has a matching scrunchie.

With all these sparkly costumes, you can imagine how itchy the sequins are! In my solo, there is one move where I spin my head around, and my high ponytail braid spun around too, and looked so cool! Now that dress rehearsal is over, I am so excited to perform these dances in front of the judges with the rest of my team.  We have all been working very hard for quite a while now.

Before I end, here is a question for you...how many competitions do you think I will be dancing in this year?  Please put your guess in the comments.

See you next week!🙈🙉        

No comments:

Post a Comment