Wednesday 27 July 2016

The Pond in our Backyard

This week we started to make a pond. We are still working on it but we are almost done. So far we have dug up the pond, put a plastic sheet, filled the pond with dirt, put another plastic sheet, filled the pond with water, put an outline of stones, and cut the extra plastic. It only took a few days and today my dad is going to a shop to get some plants to plant around the pond. He will get some plants that grow around ponds.

I was helping him a lot and I got him lemonade and kept him company. I also collected some rocks so it was easier to pull back the soil so there is more room for more. I even carried some stones to give to my dad and he put them in their spot. My dad is going to put a pump behind the stones and make water come out of the cracks in-between the stones.

My dad worked for hours and hours. I gave him three glasses of lemonade on really hot days. I felt really bad for him because he did all of this work on his summer vacation.

I hope that some creatures like birds, frogs and insects will come and stay at the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment