Sunday 20 August 2017

Let's Just Say I'm The Boss

It's been a slow and lazy week, and I've been doing nothing!  It feels great to be able to do nothing during the summer.  Once September comes around, I'll become very busy again.

Every year, the community that I live in puts on an outdoor event called Movie in the Park.  I've been going to it for a couple of years and it's fun.  A HUGE screen is set up and families bring chairs, blankets, and snacks, and we get to see a movie.  In previous years, I've watched Home and Zootopia at this event.

Yesterday was Movie in the Park for this summer and I went with my mom.  This year, the movie that they showed was The Boss Baby.  It is a really funny movie and there were many parts where I was laughing out loud.

The Boss Baby is about a baby that is a manager at the baby factory.  Adults have started loving puppies more than babies, and the boss baby is sent to investigate and stop the adults from giving all their love to the dogs.  If that happens, then the baby factory will go out of business.

Mom and I had to take our folding chairs and blankets, as it was quite cold and windy.  I ended up wearing a sweater, toque, Snuggie, and had two blankets around me, to keep me warm and cozy.  We also took snacks to eat.  There was popcorn, cheese, cheese buns, water, and juice.  Yummy!  I ate quite a bit of everything!

There were quite a few people there already when we arrived at the field, but we found a good spot and the screen was so big, that people who came after us and sat behind us, were still able to see.  Although it was chilly, a lot of families were there and many more kids.

The movie ended quite late and it was beautiful to see all the stars in the sky.  At the end of the event, everyone quickly packed up their stuff so that they could get back to their warm homes.  Even though we live very close to the field where the event was happening, Mom had brought the car, and that was a good thing because it was freezing by then.

The Movie in the Park event is the last thing that the community puts together for the summer and it lets people know that school will start soon.  I'm actually happy that school will begin in two weeks...I can't wait to see my teacher and friends.

I wonder what movie I'll get to see next year...



                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment