Monday 28 August 2017

Tin Foil Boat

This week has been a lot of getting organized and cleaning out things I don't need.  School starts next week and my back to school shopping is done.  I've got all my supplies and my new backpack is ready to go.

I didn't really go out and do anything this week, but I did recycle the tin foil inside a chocolate wrapper to make a craft.  Over the last year, I've learnt a lot of things about taking care of the environment and how important it is to reduce waste, reuse something, and recycle.

I also learned how to write out the steps to a science activity, so I am going to tell you how I made the boat by writing it out properly.

MATERIALS NEEDED:

Tin foil
Cardboard
Blue construction paper
Scissors
Tape

HOW TO MAKE A TIN FOIL BOAT:

1.  Cut as much foil as you need to make your boat.  The size of the boat will depend on how much foil you use.  Shape the foil so that it looks like a boat, with a flat bottom and points at the sides.
2.  Crumple any extra foil into small balls...as many as you want.
3.  Place the foil balls inside the boat (these are the people).
4.  Cut out a rectangle from the cardboard.
5.  Cut out a rectangle from the construction paper that is the same size as the cardboard rectangle.
6.  Tape the two rectangles together.
7.  Attach the bottom of the boat onto the blue side (this makes it look like the boat is in the water).

It's a very simple craft but fun to do and quick and easy as well.  If you want, you can have many boats on a big piece of water.

Crafts are fun to do and are not just for little children.  I like doing crafts because it makes me think to make something pretty and I can decide what I want it to look like.  We use a lot of crafts and things that we make to help us learn things in Social Studies, Math, and Science.

I can't wait to go back to school...can you tell?




No comments:

Post a Comment