Sunday 13 August 2017

Taste Of Calgary

Today my sister,mom and I went to Eau Claire Market, in Calgary. There were a lot of food stands and food trucks. We went to a food truck to get some butter chicken with rice and the food truck was called Kurry Up. We were going to the wading pool but before that we got some ice cream. They were not popsicles; they were Mini Melts!

The wading pool looked like a normal swimming pool except that the water was really shallow.  There was also a playground on the other side of the pool. There were two separate pools with different water temperatures.  I stepped into one pool and it was freezing!!!!! I started to walk around in the pool but it was so cold that it was making my legs burn.  Then I tried to sit down in the water but it took a while to sit down completely. Once I did, I started to swim a bit. It was very shallow so my hands were on the bottom and my tummy almost touched the bottom, too. My tummy was skinning the floor of the pool. I swam for a long time and then went into the second pool. This pool was warm. It had the same depth as the first pool. More kids were in the warm pool. I swam for a long time and went back to my sister. My mom had gone to get more samples of food for my sister and myself.  I went back to the cold pool and swam just for a little bit, and  then got changed because it was quite windy and overcast. After I got changed, I had my butter chicken and ice cream.

There were so many food stands and food trucks that it was impossible to eat from all of them.  We picked and chose and this is what we ended up eating:

Me - butter chicken with rice, vanilla Mini Melts, chow mein with chicken balls and ginger beef (I gave the ginger beef to my sister), chicken spring roll, mac and cheese with bacon.

My sister - butter chicken with rice, cookies and cream Mini Melts, chow mein with chicken balls and ginger beef, mac and cheese, poutine, coco churros with caramel filling.

Everything was a small portion but even then it was a lot of food.  We ended up bringing half of it home and ate it for dinner.

As we were leaving the market, it started to rain.  Our car was parked two blocks away and we had to speed walk all the way, but it was still a fun day.

Taste of Calgary happens every year, in the summer...we're going to go back next summer and I can't wait!!!!!              

No comments:

Post a Comment