Sunday 19 November 2017

A Time To Remember

I really don't like wars but if WWI and WWII did not happen we might have not had our freedom. At school we are learning about the world wars. We read a book about a ten year old and how her dad went to war, but died. When our teacher was reading the last page I started to cry.

WWI started in 1914 and ended in 1918. WWII started in 1939 and ended in 1945.🎕 I am so thankful that I was not alive during the world wars because if I had been, I would have been scared seeing all of the death and destruction.

My favorite Remembrance Day poem is In Flanders Fields. I have memorized the whole poem.

In Flanders Fields
BY John McCrae

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row
That mark our place in the sky
Larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow
Loved and were loved and now we lie in Flanders Fields
Take up our quarrel with the foe
to you from failing hands we throw 
The torch be yours to hold it high. 
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep though poppies grow in Flanders Fields.


Another poem I like is Poppy Poppy.

Poppy Poppy
Poppy poppy what do you say?
Wear me on Remembrance Day
Poppy poppy what do you tell?
Many soldiers in battle fell
Poppy poppy what should we know?
Peace on earth should grow,grow,grow

I like that poem because it is super cute and really catchy.

At dance when the clock said 11:11 we had a moment of silence. We have this moment of silence so we can thank the fallen soldiers that fought in battle. Also because the war ended on 11/11/1918 and the time was 11:11.

Do you know any Remembrance Day poems? Let me know. Bye!.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹


No comments:

Post a Comment