Sunday 26 June 2016

A Taekwon-do weekend

This weekend I had my Taekwon-do testing for a blue stripe on my green belt. A blue stripe is like a bridge between a green belt and a blue belt. I had to do patterns,step sparring,board braking and at the end, again some step sparring.

My belt pattern is Won Hyo; it was discovered by a monk who discovered Buddhism; it has 28 moves in it. I think the hardest move was a side kick with a punch while pivoting my other foot. I also did my junior pattern, Do San; it is another name for a Korean patriot and has 24 moves.

Then I did step sparring. I did three step sparring to do; my opponent did the attack first and I did the defense and then we swapped; I did the attack and my opponent did the defense. After step sparring i had to break a board. I did an elbow strike on a yellow board. I was so nervous and didn't use my whole body so I didn't break the board on the first two tries; when I broke the board I HIT MY FOREHEAD on the holder!

For sparring I fought a 9 year old boy and got hit in the stomach but I was brave and did not cry. A black belt named Miss Brandy got a kick to the face and fell on her back.

Today we went to our Taekwon -do end of the year party. I ate crackers,ham, salami, hot dog, brownie cup cake, and two cans of grape flavoured Crush. At the party Mr. Arden, my Sa Bum (master), was tickling me all the time.

I have two more days of school and I have a surprise for my classmates tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment