Monday 31 July 2017

I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up to No Good

Today my mom and I went to Kensington's Diagon Alley, but don't worry...we didn't expose the Wizarding world.

We took a train to Sunnyside Station. I thought it was called Sunny Side because Sunny Side eggs were made there.  Ha, ha!  On the train we saw many people in robes, cloaks, capes, and costumes from Harry Potter.  Most of the people wore the colours of Griffyndor.  I am a Griffyndor, too.  When we arrived at Sunnyside, we saw that the name of the station had been changed to King's Cross, and there was a Platform 9 3/4.  Almost everyone had a photo taken with those signs.

What the Diagon Alley was, was that all the shops inside a quadrilateral (that's a four-sided shape) had changed their names to represent Hogwarts and places inside the Harry Potter books and they had a lot of interesting decorations up.  There were owls, balloons, and even people dressed up.  I saw Professor Dumbledore with the Tri-Wizard Tournament cup, Professor McGonagal with her cat, and even Mad-Eye Moody walking around.  Many shops were selling Butterbeer and Pumpkin Pasties.  Most of the shops had really long lines...the longest ones were for Crave cupcakes and Cobb's breads.

There were some booths set up as well and I bought a few things from them.  I bought black slime, a wooden wand made of spruce with the hair of an eagle in the middle of it and it is 13 inches long, a white quill which was to remember Hedwig, and a parchment that had Mischief Managed written on it in calligraphy.  I also got a special wand...it was a twig with a feather attached to it, and when I said Wingardiam Leviosa, the feather rose up in the air.

We stayed there for about an hour because it was very hot and it was very crowded.  I'm going to go back again next year.  Until then...mischief managed!




No comments:

Post a Comment