Monday 9 October 2017

Daddy's Home!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really exciting news!!! My dad has come back home and he arrived last week. My dad has been in Toronto for work for all of last year and I have not seen him for ONE WHOLE YEAR!!!!!! I screamed my head off when I found out that he was coming back.😲 He came back just in time for Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated in October but it is celebrated in November in the United States.  I like Thanksgiving for many reasons...I am thankful about things, we get to eat turkey, and once Thanksgiving is over, we can put up Halloween decorations.

This year, I am thankful that there is enough water for everyone in Canada.  There are many countries in the world where people have to walk for so long to get water from wells and rivers.  Then they have to boil the water and get rid of all the germs before they can drink it.  I am also thankful that I live in my own house and that there are people like police officers to keep my city safe.

Now about the food!!!  For Thanksgiving dinner there was turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, roast potatoes and onions, bread rolls, and ground meat.  A whole turkey is too much for us to finish, so instead we got two thighs for my parents and two drumsticks for me and my sister.  The pieces were huge and I couldn't even finish my piece.  I love mashed potatoes and gravy so I had two helpings.  For dessert, I had a banana with chocolate syrup because I don't like cheesecake 🍲😏.

I am so happy that my whole family was together for Thanksgiving!  Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all of you!!!

🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃🍂🦃

No comments:

Post a Comment