Sunday 1 October 2017

View Dance Convention

Yesterday was so exciting. I went to my very first dance convention. It all started with me having to wake up super early on the weekend.😫I know..so sad, but it was okay because I was going to have classes with some amazing dancers.  One of my best friends came in the car with me and we were both so excited! When we got there we stood in a long line for registration.  My friend and I measured how far away from the table we were...we were 48 steps away. At the table we each got a wrist band that we HAD to keep on all day and a number that we had to pin to our bodysuits.  My number was 579. There were a lot of girls from my dance studio (Absolute Dance), but there were also many other studios there.  We were divided into three groups according to our ages and then the classes began!

🕺MY CLASSES💃
1. Jazz
2. Floor work
3. Ballet
4. Contemporary
5. HIP HOP
6. Tap

The first class was Jazz and we did street funk style. We did a combo to the song "All I Do Is Win"...dancing the combo was a lot of fun. The second class we had was floor work. We did lots of rolls, across the floor movements, and arm and core strengthening exercises. The third class we had was ballet.  I learned how to do some hard poses, stances, positions, and techniques. Then we had our lunch break. After lunch we had a contemporary class. We learnt that having correct technique is very important.  The next class was hip hop. It was soooooo much fun. We learnt an old school hip hop combo. The last class was tap and we all danced much faster than I do at my studio.  In the list above, I put ballet in red because all dance forms come from ballet, and I put tap in purple because this year I have a tap solo for my competitions.

I WAS AT THE CONVENTION FOR THE WHOLE DAY AND I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!  I HOPE THAT I AM INVITED TO ATTEND AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!



Here is the link to my studio, if you want to take a look:



        


No comments:

Post a Comment